Signage is such a ubiquitous part of our lives that we generally take it for granted: from road signs to street signs to billboards, yard signs to spinner signs to commercial real estate signs, we’re inundated daily. And of course we constantly see warning signs, online and in print, for every imaginable health condition.
But warning signs of a positive nature? Not so much.
We recently came across this list of the Top 10 Warning Signs of Good Health and thought it was a super game-changer for 2014:
- Persistent sense of humor. Do you feel the desire to be positive even in challenging situations? You might want to post a custom foamboard sign in your office that says something like, “Warning: Happy Guy” (or Gal).
- Chronic positive expectations; tendency to frame events in a constructive light. If you perpetually see the glass as half-full, a custom license plate might be just the ticket: how about “B +ive” or “B Happy”?
- Episodic outbreaks of joyful experiences. This one’s easy: grab a spinner sign and get your groove on!
- Sense of spiritual involvement. You could sit in the lotus position at lunchtime and start a yoga epidemic.
- Tendency to adapt well to changing conditions.
- Rapid response to and recovery from stress and repeated challenges. How about a bumper sticker with, “I brake for joy.” It will definitely make people think twice.
- Increased appetite for physical activity. Grab your sneakers: you’re the top choice to place yard signs all over town.
- Tendency to identify and communicate feelings. Hang an office banner shouting, “You all rock!”
- Repeated episodes of gratitude and generosity. Life-size custom cutouts for the team? Aw, you shouldn’t have!
- Continuing presence of support network. Given all of the above, we bet your team is going to shower you with support. And that’s good for everyone’s health.